Why District Energy?
District energy is an attractive alternative to the installation and operation
of on-site chilling plants used in the air conditioning of large condominium,
commercial and industrial buildings. Read why it makes a good choice here.
Thermal Chicago Corporation’s district cooling service offer signiﬁcant
beneﬁts to Chicago business owners and managers:
• Year-round reliability
• Predictable long-term operating and maintenance costs
• Recovery of marketable space previously occupied by large mechanical
• Avoidance of major capital expenditures
• Reduced peak electrical demand and flatter overall electrical load profile
Why Thermal Chicago?
Thermal Chicago Corporation owns and operates the world’s largest
interconnected district cooling system, currently serving about 100 buildings
in downtown Chicago. Thermal Chicago offers:
• Proven track record since 1995
• Industry-leading technology
• Dedicated team of experts with decades of technical and operational
• Five strategically located and interconnected plants, serving the
Loop, West Loop, South Loop, and River North areas
As a result of its proven reliability and the beneﬁts it provides,
customers have increasingly turned to Thermal Chicago’s district cooling
service as an alternative for both new and replacement air-conditioning
NEW UPDATE – Thermal featured on local TV morning show
Thermal Chicago was featured on the WCIU You & Me This Morning “Did
You Know?” segment. Click here
to view the segment.
information, explore About District
Cooling on this site, or Contact Us.